If you are reading this, you must want to know more about me, Sara Bayer, owner and founder of the Chasm. Well, I’m a personal trainer and coach. The Chasm has been a dream of mine for years. It’s a place for good humans to connect through sweat and movement. It’s a place to play, to laugh, to overcome obstacles and break barriers. It’s a place for us to inspire each other with our differences and our stories. Together we can create a space where nobody is a stranger. Let’s fill the Chasm!
I hesitate to write about myself in this section. The Chasm isn’t about me. It’s about you, it’s about us! But, if you need to know more keep reading.
I’m committed to constant improvement as a coach, leader and teammate. My favorite poem is "The Bridge Builder." This is where the Chasm got its name. (Life is tough, let's make it a little easier those that come after us). I’ve trained jiu jitsu and kickboxing at several gyms in Milwaukee. In 2018, I played quarterback for the Wisconsin Dragons (a women’s semi-pro tackle football team based out of Milwaukee). The greatest people I've known and the most valuable lessons I've learned were the result of sport, movement, sweat and fitness. I met my wife while doing burpee pull-ups.
And. Dogs. I love dogs.
Education and Certifications:
• Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM)
• Fitness Nutrition Specialist (NASM)
• Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach (NESTA) 2016
• Certified Personal Trainer 2010, 2012, 2014 (NASM)
• CPR/AED Certified
• 20 years coaching basketball including:
- Cardinal Stritch University Women’s Basketball
- Highlander Basketball Club (Homestead)
- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School (6th Grade girls)
- Nicolet High School Girls Basketball
- West Bend Boys and Girls Club (1st & 2nd grade boys and girls) - Rising Force Girls Basketball Club (AAU)
• Milwaukee Excellence Charter School Flag Football (7th grade boys)
• Adjunct Physical Education Instructor. Cardinal Stritch University
Strength and Conditioning:
- Cardinal Stritch University Men’s & Women’s Basketball
- Stritch Men’s & Women’s Golf
- Stritch Men’s & Women’s Tennis
- FC Wisconsin Nationals (youth boys soccer)