I'm Sara Bayer, owner and head trainer at The Chasm Gym. The Chasm had been a dream of mine for years. It’s a place for good humans to connect through sweat and movement. It’s a place to play, to laugh, to overcome obstacles and break barriers. It’s a place for us to inspire each other with our differences and our stories. Together we can create a space where nobody is a stranger. Let’s fill the Chasm!
As a certified personal trainer for 15 years, I’m committed to constant improvement as a coach, leader and teammate.
A life long athlete, I played basketball and softball at Cardinal Stritch University. I’ve trained jiu jitsu and kickboxing at several gyms in Milwaukee and in 2018, I played quarterback for the Wisconsin Dragons (a women’s semi-pro tackle football team based out of Milwaukee). I’m a casual snowboarder, and I enjoy the occasional obstacle course race. The greatest people I've known and the most valuable lessons I've learned were the result of sport, movement, sweat and fitness.
Education and Certifications:
MS Sports Management - Cardinal Stritch University
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer 2023
Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM)
Fitness Nutrition Specialist (NASM)
Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach (NESTA) 2016
NASM Certified Personal Trainer 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014
• 20 years coaching basketball including:
- Cardinal Stritch University Women’s Basketball
- Highlander Basketball Club (Homestead)
- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School (6th Grade girls)
- Nicolet High School Girls Basketball
- West Bend Boys and Girls Club (1st & 2nd grade boys and girls)
- Rising Force Girls Basketball Club (AAU)
• Milwaukee Excellence Charter School Flag Football (7th grade boys)
• Adjunct Physical Education Instructor. Cardinal Stritch University
Strength and Conditioning:
- Cardinal Stritch University Men’s & Women’s Basketball
- Stritch Men’s & Women’s Golf
- Stritch Men’s & Women’s Tennis
- FC Wisconsin Nationals (youth boys soccer)